So it has been a while since my last post, I finally took a summer holiday and it was amazing, so apologies for the silence.
Lots of things have been going on , so expect a number of blog posts in the coming weeks.
- Work on the web prototype is progressing well – we will upload a screen cast to show you in the the next week or so.
- The license with the The National Archives is due to be signed, there is one small addition to be made.
- I have appointed a mobile designer – Dan Karran – whose first job was to select an appropriate augmented reality library for the project – blog post to come.
- We have asked a number of graphic designers to submit quotes to help develop the design of the website – watch this space for news of who is selected.
- The data capture process is near completion – we are undertaking quality assurance at the moment – then I will be blogging more about what the data reveals.
- We have developed a little app that enables you to identify locations in blocks of text so that we will hopefully be able to include some contextual data from the BBC archive of WW2 memories – a more detailed blog post to follow.
- The National Archive became an official project partner – and I will be delivering a seminar their in July next year.